Saturday 18 January 2014

Product Review: Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleaning Mask

While fishing through The Body Shop's website when they offered me 50% off everything (too much money was spent because of this offer.. haha), I came across this little gem of a face mask - it's the 'Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleaning Mask'. 


Having never, really, used a face mask religiously (I've only really used the Lush ones when I get them free in exchange for 5 empty pots), I was excited to try this one. I was particularly attracted to it due to it's 'deep cleansing' and 'purifying' qualities, and it sure to hell does keep up to these promises - as well as it's supposed exfoliating attribute, reasoning the '3-in-1' title. 

The first time after I had used it, it was clear that the oil on my nose and chin had practically vanished, and it had even reduced the appearance of the blackheads that were there... bonus! It also softens, as well as brightens, the skin. The admirable results are claimed to be achieved from the ingredients 'kaolin clay', to aid with purifying, 'corn oil', for moisturising, and the essential oils 'bergamot', 'geranium' and 'ylang ylang' to uplift.

The consistency of the mask is quite thick, with their being prominent exfoliating beads in there - but applying the mask remains easy. You simply apply all over a wet face (avoiding the eye area!), and then just leave for 10-15 minutes - I adjust this depending on how much time I have, and how oily my face is at the time. To remove, massage in the hardened product, which exfoliates the skin, and then rinse off. In terms of when to use, I try and use it about two times a week, possibly three. I like to use it on a Sunday night or Monday morning, and then repeat during the week. The whole pot is going to last me ages as well.. as I have used it this often since before christmas and there is still loads left (the amount on the left)!
I would usually use this is replacement for a scrub/cleanse, and then follow with the usual moisturise, as the cleansing power of this would probably be likely to be too strong to use in accordance with two other cleanses in the day.

I hope this quick review was beneficial to you, and I'm glad to have shared what I believe is an awesome product, in terms of skincare.

You can get it here, and their other face masks can be found here - I really like the look of the Seaweed one and Tree Tea one.








No comments:

Post a Comment