Thursday 16 January 2014

My Current Favourite Skincare

As my first post here, I thought I'd share a quick roundup of my favourite skincare products that I am currently using at the moment, on a daily basis. 




I have included my current cleanser of choice, as well as my go-to moisturiser, an easy to use eye roll-on, and my recently discovered 'Tea Tree Oil'. 

L'Oréal Paris Men Expert's 'Pure Power' Scrub

Or L'Oréal Paris Men Expert's 'NEW PURE POWER SCRUB x2000 BEADS ANTI-BLACKHEAD -100% BLACKHEADS appear reduced' if you want the long name....

I purchased this to attempt to clear my rather oily nose, as well as attempt to clear away the blackheads that have accumulated there. 

You can pick this up at Boots here
(RRP £5.99 - but it's usually on offer for around £3)

Now despite the confusing name, this scrub is honestly the best I have ever used. It is, as it states, 'gentle enough to use every day without over-drying', yet, in my opinion, harsh enough to clear away dead skin cells, and keep any oily skin at bay.

Despite me saying this, I am going to contradict my own opinion, as it is not that great at doing what it states - in that it hasn't really cleared any blackheads. But nevertheless, it is still great in my eyes, as it gives my skin a great, clean look, and softens it as well.  

I tend to use this at night, before going to bed, and then use a nice face wash in the morning.






Bulldog's Original Moisturiser

Now that's a better name.. right? 

With it's acclaimed '8 essential oils, green tea, green algae, konjac manna and vitamin E' this moisturiser is one of the best moisturisers I have tried, and is great to use after the previous product, with it's amazing rehydrating qualities soaking your skin again after your deep cleanse.

You can also pick this up at Boots - but
I found it cheaper on Amazon here
The moisture isn't too heavy in my opinion, for my combination skin, as long as I control the amount I put on. Also no sign of breaks out due to this.. woo! 

As with the other products I have tried from the rest of the range, I really do find this amazing quality, particularly considering the price. I also believed that they do not conduct animal testing, which is a mega bonus.




Nivea For Men's 'Skin Energy' Eye Roll On


Instead of a traditional eye cream, I always go for an eye roll on, as I find them to (generally) work really well, and are an easy solution to reducing tired eyes and dark circles.


This one from Nivea, in particular is no exception. Having purchased this after I ran out of my previous No7 eye roll on (which was expensive, and very disappointing . sorry No7), I really do love the results it gives me, at banishing the dark circles I tend to wake up with. I also use this at night as well, more as a light moisturiser for my eye area. 



I did purchase this in Boots - but I can't seem to find it on their website.  They do have it on Amazon here though.. but it's quite pricey as it's not on offer like it often is on Boots.. sorry :/ 
 As well as this one - I also highly rate the eye roll on from Bulldog - as it's a little more conditioning. But this doesn't take away the fact that this product works really well also.

The Body Shop's 'Tea Tree Oil'


Having heard great thing about Tea Tree Oil's great reducer of spots, as well as the scaring that they can cause - I decided to purchase this from The Body Shop when it was 50% off last month, for £3.50. Having used it on any spots in the evening, after moisturising, I am very pleased with the results. 




This can be found here
I must admit that it really isn't the fastest at getting rid of a blemish, but it does so in a way that completely removes all signs of it, so no scars are left. This in it self, is why I have fallen in love it, and would highly recommend it to any trying to find a product which effectively removes blemishes. 

I have just also had a nosey at the rest of the products in this range which also look promising - I will probably give them a go soon too.


*Side note - I also love Lush's Tea Tree Water, which is great at giving your face a further clean, and also reduce spots (you can get it here)*



I apologise for the fact that this short post has turned into a rather large one - but I hope these more in-depth reviews of my favourite skincare products is beneficial to you. I will be sure to review other products when they become my favourites.


No comments:

Post a Comment